Senior Materials Manager
Comprehensive Power, Inc., a dynamic, growing business that designs and manufactures high performance motors, generators, drives, and controls, is seeking a progressive, highly organized Senior Materials Manager to join our team in our fast paced manufacturing facility in Marlborough, MA.
This key individual will assume responsibility for sourcing, production planning, shipping/receiving, inventory management, and logistics. The Senior Materials Manager will develop the systems, practices and personnel to support rapid growth involving both production ramp-up and new product development. Supplier base development is also a key responsibility.
We have an established presence in the defense, marine, alternative energy, and oil drilling markets. Our ability to compete in the global market requires extraordinary technology, talented employees, and a relentless pursuit of continuous improvement aimed at operational excellence.
- Plan and direct activities of direct reports which may include sourcing manager, production planners, new product planners, buyers, shipper/receivers and warehouse personnel.
- Develop a capable supplier base matched to the requirements of current and future products in quality, capacity, cost and delivery.
- Implement effective planning processes both for current production and for future growth, including improved use of existing MRP system.
- Manage the production schedule to meet customer requirements for new and repaired products while maximizing use of production capacity
- Manage material inventory to support production while maximizing turns and minimizing costs. Ensure safe practices in material handling; make employee safety a prime concern.
- Monitor WIP inventory. Work with production management to maximize delivery to customer requirements and optimize internal through-put.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing mindset, practices and tools to maximize customer satisfaction and CPI profitability.
- Actively involve Materials in new product design, including early material planning and key supplier involvement to optimize design for quality, cost and time-to-market.
- Directly support the achievement of ISO-9000 registration.
- Participate in planning and transition to a new facility.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus.
- Ten plus years’ experience in materials management in a Lean manufacturing environment. ISO9000 experience and implementation is a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing start-up, with new product development and rapid growth.
- Experience in supply chain development, particularly metalworking and electronics.
- Experience with industrial power equipment, electric motors, drives, and controls or other electro mechanical products,is a plus.
- Strong leadership and communication skills are a must.
- Big picture perspective and a hands-on style are critical to success in this position.
- U.S. Citizenship Required