Position/Title: Quality Manager
Reports To: CEO
As a member of senior management, coach and assist all Comprehensive Power employees to achieve the highest level of quality in all their transactions. Develop, implement and manage quality control systems designed to ensure continuous improvement of processes and products at CPI and is responsible for quality planning and execution in all phases of product design, sourcing, manufacturing, field support, and repairs.
- Coach and assist company employees in achieving the highest level of quality in all their transactions with both internal and external customers.
- Investigate, report on and work with employees to address and correct customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high quality, productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Provide tools and technical and statistical expertise to employees to assist in the measurement and improvement of quality.
- Work with teams to help formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Be outward facing representative of the company for discussions and plans with customers, prospects and suppliers about Quality at CPI
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Be cheerleader and advocate for quality control philosophy to all personnel within Company.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Interact with suppliers to ensure quality of all purchased parts, chair Material Review Board for non-conforming materials.
- Coordinate corrective action reporting and follow-up within company.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Support Lean Manufacturing mindset, practices and tools to maximize both quality and continuous Improvement.
- Directly support the achievement of ISO-9000 registration and other regulatory compliance. Be the Quality Representative for ISO system as required.
- B.S. degree in Engineering desired.
- Minimum 7 years related experience required.
- Supervisory/management experience.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures.
- Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection.
- Computer proficiency.
- Experience in supply chain development, particularly metalworking and electronics.
- Experience with industrial power equipment, electric motors, drives, and controls or other electro mechanical products, is a plus.
- Strong leadership and communication skills are a must.
- Big picture perspective and a hands-on style are critical to success in this position.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with high performance teams.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.