The Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer will serve as the key individual for the development and optimization of electro-mechanical products’ assembly processes, standards, costs and documentation. The emphasis will be on production of motors and generators, with secondary emphasis on electronic products.
This position must work closely with engineering, production management, supply chain management, and quality engineering/management to produce lowest cost premium quality products.
- Ensure manufacturability and serviceability of new and existing products.
- Optimize design, assembly, test steps and flow processes for assembled components, sub-assemblies, and final products, including developing tooling. Proactively seek and remove time, error, and other waste from production processes.
- Plan and execute capital equipment acquisition.
- Design and improve production layout in the existing plant and potential new plant.
- Lead the development of process standards and process documentation, including detailed assembly instructions and quality control checklists.
- Continuously optimize processes. Continuously remove waste, reduce and eliminate errors; automate (including optimization for automation) in-house assembly steps; assess for make-or-buy key products/steps that are being inefficiently performed by suppliers.
- Support the implementation of best quality practices into assembly, including supporting or assisting in the process of achieving ISO 9001-2008 certification.
- B.S. degree in manufacturing, industrial, production, mechanical engineering or equivalent is required. M.S. degree a plus.
- Passion for manufacturing with minimum of 4 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, or production engineering in a complex mechanical product assembly operation.
- Experience with industrial power equipment, automation equipment, or other electro mechanical products. Electric motors, drives and controls would be a plus.
- Hands-on experience as a user of at least one MRP-II or ERP system is required.
- Excellent people and communication skills are a must.
- Must have strong analytical capabilities.
- Focus on lowest cost manufacturing while maintaining premium quality.
- Demonstrated success in applying lean manufacturing and six sigma DMAIC principles is strongly desired.
- Experience in a rapidly growing small manufacturing company would be a plus.
- U.S. Citizenship Required